PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
December 5, 2019
OPEN SESSION @ 7:00 P.M. – COMMUNITY CENTER
Present: Rocky Walker, Melody Vidaurri, Steve Brodine, Floyd Garrison, Dene Huettel, Mike Sizemore, John Lagravier, Connie Saxton (to be seated-Annette Craig, Bill Johnson, and Randy Schiamara)
- CALL MEETING TO ORDER by President Walker at 7:00 p.m.
- INVOCATION by President Walker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA was motioned by Vice-President Sizemore; seconded by
Director Garrison. Vote was unanimous.
- MEMBERS TO BE HEARD-None
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Seating of Three (3) New Board Members: President Walker introduced Annette Craig, Bill Johnson and Randy Schiamara as the three (3) newly-elected board members.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Election of 2019-2020 POA Board
Officers: Vice-President Sizemore asked for nominations for President. Treasurer Lagravier nominated Mike Sizemore; Secretary Vidaurri seconded. Bill Johnson amended the motion to nominate Annette Craig; Randy Schiamara seconded. Secretary Vidaurri motioned to amend the amendment to appoint Mike Sizemore. Mike Sizemore withdrew his name from the nominations for President. By acclamation, Annette Craig was voted for President by all board members with Secretary Vidaurri opposing.
Newly-elected President Craig asked for Vice-President nominations. Secretary Vidaurri motioned to nominate Mike Sizemore; Treasurer Lagravier seconded. Steve Brodine nominated Bill Johnson; Randy Schiamara seconded. Vote was taken and tied-four (4) votes for Mike Sizemore; four (4) votes for Bill Johnson. President Craig voted for Bill Johnson, breaking the tie.
President Craig asked for nominations for Treasurer. Randy Schiamara motioned to nominate Steve Brodine; Bill Johnson seconded. Melody Vidaurri nominated John Lagravier; Mike Sizemore seconded. John Lagravier withdrew his name from the nominations. The nominations were amended to Steve Brodine’s name only by Mike Sizemore; seconded by Randy Schiamara. By acclamation, all voted for Steve Brodine to be Treasurer with Melody Vidaurri opposing.
President Craig called for nominations for Secretary. Mike Sizemore nominated Dene Huettel; Melody Vidaurri seconded. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-2018 Financial Audit by Auditor-Logan
Kendrick briefly went over the 2018 audit. The firm’s opinion was clean. The
report was in accordance with GAAP. Mike Sizemore motioned to accept the
audit for 2018 and approve. Steve Brodine seconded. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Set the 2020 Board Meeting Schedule-
Director Vidaurri motioned to accept the 2020 meeting calendar; Director
Sizemore seconded. Director Schiamara motioned to change the December 3rd meeting to Saturday, December 5th at 10:00 a.m. and change all the meetings to meet in the Community Center. Director Sizemore seconded the amendment. All directors, with the exception of Director Vidaurri who opposed, voted for the
- TREASURER’S REPORT-Director Lagravier stated the income/expense sheet and balance sheets are available at the back table. On the balance sheet ending balance on 10/31/19 was $854,849; ending cash and cash equivalent on 2018 audit report was $561,278. Cash reserves of $300,000 were not on the report so we are ending with the same balances as beginning of year.
- MAINTENANCE REPORT-Director Vidaurri reported 80 work orders with 71 completed. The bridge by the Golf Maintenance Shop is completed. Regarding the maintainer, the parts are ordered. The pier at Kickapoo Lake has been
Director Vidaurri motioned to adjourn; Director Sizemore seconded. President Craig adjourned the meeting at 7:53 p.m.
Prepared by: Date: