- This event has passed.
POA Board Meeting
October 24, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
October 24, 2019
OPEN MEETING @ 6:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
EXECUTIVE MEETING @ 6:01 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
Present: Rocky Walker, Mike Sizemore, Melody Vidaurri, Floyd Garrison, Dene Huettel, Dee Kirk, John Lagravier, Steve Brodine and Connie Saxton
- CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION by President Walker
- ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in
Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,
Subsection (C) to discuss:
- Contract: Sprinkler System
- Contract: Employee Health Insurance Renewal
III. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION by President Walker
- INVOCATION by President Walker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA was motioned by Vice-President Sizemore; seconded by
Treasurer Lagravier and vote was unanimous.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES for September 26, October 4 & 10, 2019-Secretary Vidaurri motioned
to accept the minutes as written; Vice-President Sizemore seconded. Vote was unanimous.
VII. SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION-President Walker summarized we are having issues with the
sprinkler system on the golf course and updating the computer side of it. It is roughly twenty
(20) years old and needs to be updated. Our employee health insurance renewal, we will
vote on a little later but there was no increase in premium.
VIII. SPEAKER-Michelle Prentice and Ty White are project developers at ConnectGen.
ConnectGen is a renewable energy company based in Houston, here developing solar farms.
They are developing a project west of here between Hilltop and the river, leasing the
land to develop a large energy scale base; about 175-200 employees to be hired during
construction. After construction, there will be less than 10 fulltime technicians to maintain it.
Once the facility is in place, it will operate for up to 35 years. The lease may be extended
after that and/or technology could change.
- MEMBERS TO BE HEARD
Roy Woods: Questions on late maintenance fee collections
Ella Bishir: Do we have money for marketing?
Eric Aaron: Why are we waiting for the swings to be painted?
Cary Anders: Bringing people to buy homes is our business; we have so much out here.
Ken Kunz: He believes election process is good.
Joyce Perkins-Troupe Over the Hill is 10 years old-hosting a free concert 11/10 here to
celebrate. Thanked the Arts Council of Brazos Valley. Troupe is doing advertising for Hilltop
Jack Miller: He agrees advertising the good of Hilltop but, Facebook, is trash. Keep it clean
- OLD BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Maintainer Repair-Secretary Vidaurri proposed to borrow
money from CD to repair maintainer. Treasurer Lagravier seconded. After some
discussion, Secretary Vidaurri amended her motion to table this for next meeting when we
discuss the sprinkler system as well within next two (2) weeks. Vice-President Sizemore
seconded. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Teen Center Hours-Vice-President Sizemore motioned to
pass the proposed schedule for the Teen Center for fall 2019; Director Huettel seconded
the motion and vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Food Vending for Hotel Customers-Secretary Vidaurri
moved to purchase freezer from Home Depot, put in Welcome Center with pre-packaged
food, and keep it stocked. Director Garrison seconded the motion and vote was
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Update on Grease Trap-Secretary Vidaurri reported site plan is going to
cost over $80,000; an official site plan needs to be approved by Robbie Robinson, then we
can put out the plan for bids.
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Update on Playground-will be opened as soon as possible.
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Update on Dam Repair-Vice-President Sizemore stated dam on Lake
Tonkawa is going to be fixed. Limestone Contractors will put bulkhead in front of the old
one-no imminent failure. Hopefully we will get the contract signed in a week or so.
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Update on Roof Repair (Teen Center and Post Office)-Both roof
replacements are done.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Employee Health Insurance Renewal -Vice-President
Sizemore motioned to accept the employee health insurance with no increase; Director
Brodine seconded. Vote was unanimous.
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION ONLY-2020 Budget (Draft)-We only have a draft. Chris Burleson would like to
present a 10-year capital budget at the annual meeting.
- TREASURER’S REPORT-Income statements are on the table. The Accounting Department
will be providing a balance sheet produced out of the accounting software by the end of
the year. Statement of cash flow will be provided also by the end of the year.
- MAINTENANCE REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri reported 60 work orders and all have been
corrected other than roads.
- UPDATE ON WEBSITE-Robert Karnes will be here tomorrow to set up the credit card
process on line for hotel reservations.
- UPDATE ON NOMINATING ELECTIONS-Last day to request a ballot will be October 25, 2019.
Walk-in voting is November 5th from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker reported:
1) Haunted Arena hosted by the Equine Club this weekend,
2) Thanked the Board,
3) Thanked the volunteers.
Secretary Vidaurri motioned to adjourn; Vice-President Sizemore seconded. Meeting was
Approved by: Date: