Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

POA Board Meeting

September 26, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING

September 26, 2019

OPEN MEETING @ 5:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room

EXECUTIVE MEETING @ 5:01 P.M. – Tonkawa Room

OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room

 

MINUTES

 

Present:  Rocky Walker, Mike Sizemore, Melody Vidaurri, John Lagravier, Steve Brodine, Floyd Garrison, Dene Huettel, Dee Kirk and Connie Saxton

  1. CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION by President Walker at 5:00 p.m.
  2. ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in

Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,

Subsection (C) to discuss:

  1. Legal: Dam Repair Bids
  2. Legal: Restaurant
  3. Legal: Wildlife Lease Agreement
  4. Legal: Food Vendors
  5. Personnel
  6. Legal: Septic/Grease Lines

III.           RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION by President Walker at 7:25 p.m.

  1. INVOCATION by President Walker

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE

  1. APPROVAL OF AGENDA was motioned by Vice-President Sizemore. Treasurer Lagravier seconded and

vote was unanimous.

  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES for August 22 and September 5, 2019, was motioned for approval as written

by Secretary Vidaurri; seconded by Vice-President Sizemore.   Vote was unanimous.

VII.         SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION-President Walker reported we were taking bids on Tonkawa Dam

but have asked them to go back and rebid on different materials.   That project will be tabled tonight.

We got bids for repairing the grease trap at the restaurant which is not near to code.  Once we get the

drawings from the engineer, we will have that rebid also.

VIII.        SPEAKERS:

Jim Thornton-Hilltop Lakes Water Supply Corporation explained rates and comparisons of water

charges.

Ruth Hime-Census for 2020-very important to get a complete count of people in 2020.  In the year

2010, Leon County was undercounted by 20% (an estimate).     She is looking for workers.

  1. MEMBERS TO BE HEARD:

Randy Schiamara:  Question about reimbursements

Kenneth Ray:  Golf cart requirements

Judy Martindale:  Re reimbursements

Linda Field:  October 5th is Chili & Bean Cook-off and Haunted 5K Run.

  1. OLD BUSINESS
  2. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Dam Repair Bids-tabled
  3. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Teen Center Hours-tabled
  4. DISCUSSION ONLY-Restaurant Update and Grease Trap Repairs-tabled
  5. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Continental Breakfast-Director Brodine is taking suggestions.
  6. DISCUSSION ONLY-Parks Equipment Update-Equipment is here. Director Brodine’s committee

with Buddy Laird is doing the engineering and layout.

 

  1. NEW BUSINESS
  2. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION- Hiring Policy-Secretary Vidaurri moved to approve this policy for

implementation; Director Garrison seconded.   Secretary Vidaurri amended her motion to add the

revision that all hiring of department heads/supervisors would have to be approved by the Board.

Treasurer Lagravier seconded.     Vote was unanimous.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Maintainer-tabled
  2. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Bridge Repairs-tabled
  3. DISCUSSION ONLY-Wildlife Lease Agreement Update-Wildlife did not have a quorum at their

meeting.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Roof Replacements on Teen Center and Post Office-Treasurer

Lagravier motioned to accept the bids from Grandchamp Roofing; Secretary Vidaurri seconded.

Motion was withdrawn and tabled.

XII.         COMMUNICATIONS

  1. TREASURER’S REPORT-Chris Burleson paid compliments to his staff for collecting over $100,000 in

collections.      Since January, 2019, income is $1,894,921.   Net income is $226,147.

  1. MAINTENANCE REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri reported maintenance is continually mowing.
  2. UPDATE ON WEBSITE-Secretary Vidaurri stated online reservations launched yesterday.   Missy

Hodge is updating the calendar.

  1. UPDATE ON NOMINATING ELECTIONS-Secretary Vidaurri posted rules on the elections; there are

Information handouts on the table; there is nothing illegal.   Don’t forget to vote November 5th.

  1.  UPDATE ON MARQUEE-Secretary Vidaurri has bids to replace the marquee sign but there are

other issues that need the money.   Item tabled to 2020.

  1.  UPDATE ON SECURITY-in President’s Report
  2.  UPDATE ON DAMS (Tabletop)-Vice-President Sizemore reported our dams are very old.    We have

been asked for an Emergency Action Plan for our dams.    Recently TCEQ came down and had a

tabletop exercise and went thru different scenarios of dam breakdowns and what actions we

need to do, etc.

  1.  PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker reported:

1)  October 5th Fall Festival,

2)  Fly-In is this weekend,

3)  Post Office-due to the rain in Houston, mail is slow.

4)  Citizen of the Year-get your nominations in.

5)  Thanked all the volunteers.

6)  MGA Board donated roller for golf course.

7)  Next Meet and Greet is October 19th at 10 a.m.

8)  Thanked Security for the great job.   Also thanked Apache and how much he

appreciates both companies working together.

9)  Fish Fry is Saturday from 3-7 p.m. at the Community Center.

XIII.        ADJOURN

Secretary Vidaurri motioned to adjourn; Vice-President Sizemore seconded.  Meeting was adjourned

at 8:40 p.m.

 

 

______________________________________________________                           _________________

Prepared by:                                                                                                                                      Date:

 

 

_____________________________________________________                             _________________

Details

Date:
September 26, 2019
Time:
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Venue

Tonkawa Room
1 Hilltop Lodge Dr
Hilltop Lakes, TX 77871 United States
+ Google Map
Phone:
936.228.3780