PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
September 26, 2019
OPEN MEETING @ 5:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
EXECUTIVE MEETING @ 5:01 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
Present: Rocky Walker, Mike Sizemore, Melody Vidaurri, John Lagravier, Steve Brodine, Floyd Garrison, Dene Huettel, Dee Kirk and Connie Saxton
- CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION by President Walker at 5:00 p.m.
- ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in
Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,
Subsection (C) to discuss:
- Legal: Dam Repair Bids
- Legal: Restaurant
- Legal: Wildlife Lease Agreement
- Legal: Food Vendors
- Legal: Septic/Grease Lines
III. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION by President Walker at 7:25 p.m.
- INVOCATION by President Walker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA was motioned by Vice-President Sizemore. Treasurer Lagravier seconded and
vote was unanimous.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES for August 22 and September 5, 2019, was motioned for approval as written
by Secretary Vidaurri; seconded by Vice-President Sizemore. Vote was unanimous.
VII. SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION-President Walker reported we were taking bids on Tonkawa Dam
but have asked them to go back and rebid on different materials. That project will be tabled tonight.
We got bids for repairing the grease trap at the restaurant which is not near to code. Once we get the
drawings from the engineer, we will have that rebid also.
Jim Thornton-Hilltop Lakes Water Supply Corporation explained rates and comparisons of water
Ruth Hime-Census for 2020-very important to get a complete count of people in 2020. In the year
2010, Leon County was undercounted by 20% (an estimate). She is looking for workers.
- MEMBERS TO BE HEARD:
Randy Schiamara: Question about reimbursements
Kenneth Ray: Golf cart requirements
Judy Martindale: Re reimbursements
Linda Field: October 5th is Chili & Bean Cook-off and Haunted 5K Run.
- OLD BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Dam Repair Bids-tabled
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Teen Center Hours-tabled
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Restaurant Update and Grease Trap Repairs-tabled
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Continental Breakfast-Director Brodine is taking suggestions.
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Parks Equipment Update-Equipment is here. Director Brodine’s committee
with Buddy Laird is doing the engineering and layout.
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION- Hiring Policy-Secretary Vidaurri moved to approve this policy for
implementation; Director Garrison seconded. Secretary Vidaurri amended her motion to add the
revision that all hiring of department heads/supervisors would have to be approved by the Board.
Treasurer Lagravier seconded. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Maintainer-tabled
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Bridge Repairs-tabled
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Wildlife Lease Agreement Update-Wildlife did not have a quorum at their
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Roof Replacements on Teen Center and Post Office-Treasurer
Lagravier motioned to accept the bids from Grandchamp Roofing; Secretary Vidaurri seconded.
Motion was withdrawn and tabled.
- TREASURER’S REPORT-Chris Burleson paid compliments to his staff for collecting over $100,000 in
collections. Since January, 2019, income is $1,894,921. Net income is $226,147.
- MAINTENANCE REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri reported maintenance is continually mowing.
- UPDATE ON WEBSITE-Secretary Vidaurri stated online reservations launched yesterday. Missy
Hodge is updating the calendar.
- UPDATE ON NOMINATING ELECTIONS-Secretary Vidaurri posted rules on the elections; there are
Information handouts on the table; there is nothing illegal. Don’t forget to vote November 5th.
- UPDATE ON MARQUEE-Secretary Vidaurri has bids to replace the marquee sign but there are
other issues that need the money. Item tabled to 2020.
- UPDATE ON SECURITY-in President’s Report
- UPDATE ON DAMS (Tabletop)-Vice-President Sizemore reported our dams are very old. We have
been asked for an Emergency Action Plan for our dams. Recently TCEQ came down and had a
tabletop exercise and went thru different scenarios of dam breakdowns and what actions we
need to do, etc.
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker reported:
1) October 5th Fall Festival,
2) Fly-In is this weekend,
3) Post Office-due to the rain in Houston, mail is slow.
4) Citizen of the Year-get your nominations in.
5) Thanked all the volunteers.
6) MGA Board donated roller for golf course.
7) Next Meet and Greet is October 19th at 10 a.m.
8) Thanked Security for the great job. Also thanked Apache and how much he
appreciates both companies working together.
9) Fish Fry is Saturday from 3-7 p.m. at the Community Center.
Secretary Vidaurri motioned to adjourn; Vice-President Sizemore seconded. Meeting was adjourned
at 8:40 p.m.
Prepared by: Date: