PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
August 22, 2019
OPEN MEETING @ 6:30 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
EXECUTIVE MEETING @ 6:31 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
Present: Rocky Walker, John Lagravier, Mike Sizemore, Melody Vidaurri, Steve Brodine, Dene Huettel, Dee Kirk, and Connie Saxton
Absent: Floyd Garrison
- CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION by President Walker
- ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in
Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,
Subsection (C) to discuss:
- Legal: Dam Repair Bids
III. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION by President Walker at 7:06 p.m.
- INVOCATION-President Walker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA-Secretary Vidaurri motion to approve Agenda as written; Treasurer Lagravier
seconded and vote was unanimous.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES for July 20, 25, 29, 31, and August 17, 2019-Motion to approve as written was
made by Secretary Vidaurri; Treasurer Lagravier seconded. Vote was unanimous.
VII. SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION – President Walker reported we are in the process of getting bids to
repair the bulkhead area of the dam on Tonkawa Lake and we heard some information on
VIII. MEMBERS TO BE HEARD:
Dorothy Powell: Comments about shopping center
Joyce Perkins: Troupe over the Hill Events: 1) Remembering Elvis and 2) Dixie Swim Club
Linda Field: Chili Cook Off at Fall Festival Haunted Woods 5K Race
Deni Kunz: 1) Volunteers Appreciation Recruit to Reboot on September 9 2) Fall Fest on October 5th 3)
re ATM machine and 4) re Red Box rentals
John Shockey: Writing a book on Hilltop-looking for any pics, info, etc.
Jack Miller: Re the light bulbs-was it voted by the entire Board?
Randy Schiamara: Re the $22,000 reimbursement never made to him
David Gray: Question for Steve Brodine-why did you miss the last two (2) Board meetings?
- OLD BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Culvert Policy-Secretary Vidaurri motioned to implement the
Standard Culvert Installation Policy. Treasurer Lagravier motioned second and the vote was
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Security-President Walker reported we signed a contract with Hilltop Lakes
Public Safety and thanked everyone for their part in getting this done.
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Revision of Finance Procedures – Secretary Vidaurri motioned to
accept the revisions to the finance procedures as discussed: 1) Capital expenditures raised to
$3,000 for the supervisors and 2) reimbursements “log book”. Treasurer Lagravier seconded.
Vice-President Sizemore amended the motion to add revisions and approve at our next meeting.
Director Kirk seconded. Vice-President Sizemore amended the motion to include the minor
revisions discussed here and Director Kirk seconded. Vice-President Sizemore revised the motion
to table until we can agree on wording to incorporate the concerns of all the board members to
have a clean line of reimbursements. Director Brodine seconded. All voted in favor except
Directors Lagravier and Vidaurri opposed.
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Newcomer’s Coffee Report – Director Huettel reported 35-40 attendees with
sixteen (16) organizations represented. She thanked the volunteers.
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Restaurant Update-Director Brodine reported one perspective restauranteur
has been eliminated. He does have one person interested (specialty is Mexican food) and they are
working on a menu that works with us (American food).
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Teen Center Hours-tabled
- TREASURER’S REPORT-Chris Burleson reported there are a couple of errors on the report.
Collections Department has collected so far this year $89,118. At the end of July, POA has posted
total income of $1,690,314; $1,509,244 in expenses, for a net of $181,000.
- MAINTENANCE REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri reported maintenance is mowing taxiways and picking
- UPDATE ON WEBSITE-Secretary Vidaurri reported Robert Karnes with Systek is ready to place
online the hotel-needs more photos. She needs to create a “refund policy”.
- UPDATE ON NOMINATING ELECTIONS-Voting procedures are on the website, at the post office, pro
shop, welcome center and in the newspaper. One hundred fourteen letters (114) were mailed to
new property owners informing them of the procedure.
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker stated:
1) Thanked Chris Moss
2) Thanked all the volunteers
3) Reminded of October 5th race
4) Getting three (3) bids on the dams
5) Restaurant – getting closer
6) Online reservations-getting close
7) $89,000 in collections
8) New Housekeeper Supervisor Cristi Swearingen
9) On September 1, 2019, a new security set up starts.
10) On September 9, there will be a volunteer dinner.
XII. ADJOURN-Secretary Vidaurri motioned to adjourn; Vice-President Sizemore seconded the motion.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:14 p.m.
Prepared by: Date:
Approved by: Date: