Loading Events

POA Board Meeting





October 25, 2018

OPEN MEETING @ 6:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room

EXECUTIVE SESSION @ 6:01 P.M. – Tonkawa Room

OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room




Present were Rocky Walker, Melody Vidaurri, Rene Castilla, Dene Huettel, Ray Vogt, Ron Ryder, Floyd Garrison, Joe Bledsoe, Dee Kirk and Connie Saxton.


  1. CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION-By President Walker at 6 p.m.


  1. ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in

Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,

Subsection (C) to discuss:

  1. Legal:  Restaurant Contract
  2. Legal:  Backhoe Contract
  3. Legal:  Insurance Contract
  4. Citizen of the Year




  1. INVOCATION-Given by President Walker



  1. APPROVAL OF AGENDA-Director Castilla motioned to approve the Agenda as

presented; Director Garrison seconded the motion and vote was unanimous.


  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES for September 4th, 20th, 27th, and October 5, 2018-Correction

on September 27th minutes under (D) New Business (XI)  needs to say “we don’t have

funds to put oil sand on the gravel roads”.   Director Ryder motioned for approval of

minutes as corrected; Director Bledsoe seconded.   Vote was unanimous.


VII.       SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION-President Walker reported Restaurateur came in; all

questions were asked.   We had changes made to a $600 deposit, and $600 rent with

first 3 months free.    He will pay for his own propane and dumpster.   We discussed

backhoe contract which we have been leasing @ $1800 month.  We are looking to buy

a used one  for $20,000 which has several issues costing us more in the long run; also

looking at new one with 0% interest plan.    Also the health insurance for Hilltop Lakes

is due December 1.   Someone recalls voting last year to not pay any higher costs.

That will be researched and we will revisit that at a later date.   Citizen of the Year was

voted on.   There was also a discussion re the Lakes about doing the bulkhead and

upgrade in sections.  A budget meeting is set up for Tuesday and we will go from

there to see what kind of monies we have to take care of that.



Nash Murray:  When can we expect an executed contract?

John Faulk:  November 10th is our annual property owners’ meeting.  It is very

important.  This is the members’ meeting; we have to have 150 for a quorum.  We can

make recommendations from the members to the Board of what we want to see

happen in 2019.  Also the night of November 10th, the Kickapoo Club is going to have

live music, Sweet Mama Cotton, a blues keyboard singer, who will be performing.


  2. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Restaurant Contract-Vice-President Vidaurri

motioned to accept the contract with changes that we have already discussed.

Director Bledsoe seconded the motion.  Vote was unanimous.



  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Purchase of Backhoe- President Walker

announced we are not going to act on this tonight; we will be getting more bids in.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Uniform Contract-President Walker stated this

was not discussed in the close session due to time plus the uniform company did

not call him back so there is not enough information to make a decision.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Employee Insurance Approval-As stated above,

the recommendations from previous boards are to be researched.


  2.   TREASURER’S REPORT-Treasurer Castilla wanted to apologize to audience and to

the Board as he comes to the end of tenue; he and Chris have been working on

ways to prepare the financials.  Bank reconciliations have been done on Excel

Spreadsheets in the past and they are trying to reconcile now on Jenark System

(i.e., trying to computerize).  He apologized for not having the financials done but

all this will be cleared up in two weeks.  They are trying to put together year end

budget for 2018 and a budget for 2019.  Budget committee meeting is 10/30.  He

wants to hand over a nice clean slate as he hands over the reins to the next

treasurer of 2019.  YTD Income is $1,517,560, expenses $1,305,359 netting

$167,200.   Margin is still too thin.

  1.    PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker reported:
  2. Thank you volunteers for doing rooms at hotel.  We have had a lot of

compliments.   More rooms are still available if anyone wants to redo one.

  1. Accomplishments of POA list has been passed out; none of the

accomplishments could have been done without a committee member

leading the group or a board member involved.   VOLUNTEERS ARE GREAT


  1. Remember to vote on November 6th.   We will be open 7 a.m.-7 p.m.   Four

hundred thirty  (430) ballots have been mailed out.   You can vote in person

that day.

  1. Craft fair is November 3rd in the Tonkawa Room.   It is amazing the talent

our property owners have.   We saw that in the work of the volunteers this


  1. Annual members’ meeting is November 10th in the Community Center;

please come.

  1. Fish fry at the Community Center is this Saturday for St. Thomas More.
  2. Meet and Greet will be Saturday at 10 a.m.


Mike Gould was introduced as the Restauranteur of the Overlook Restaurant.  He gave

some background on himself.   The restaurant will have a fresh look; a chef has been

hired.   His website is   His email address is:   He will be open seven (7) days a week.   Every Sunday,

there will be a brunch.


  1.   ADJOURN

Director Garrison motioned to adjourn; Vice President Vidaurri motioned second.

Meeting was adjourned by President Walker.



___________________________________________________                  __________________

Approved by:                                                                                                 Date:



___________________________________________________                  __________________


October 25, 2018
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm


Community Center