- This event has passed.
Hilltop POA Board Meeting March 28 2019
March 28 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
March 28, 2019
OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – TONKAWA ROOM
Present: Rocky Walker, Melody Vidaurri, Mike Sizemore, Ron Ryder, Floyd Garrison, Steve Brodine, Dene Huettel and Connie Saxton
Absent: Dee Kirk and John Lagravier
- CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION by President Walker
- INVOCATION-President Walker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA-Secretary Vidaurri motioned to amend the Agenda to discuss
upgrading the current webpage; Vice-President Sizemore seconded the motion. All voted in
favor with the exception of Director Garrison who voted no. Motion passed.
- MEMBERS TO BE HEARD:
David Gray-Wanted an apology for the misunderstanding on his credit card used to pay for
the trail fee. Secretary Vidaurri apologized.
- OLD BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Stable Contract-Vice-President Sizemore motioned to
accept the stables contract with the change in Section III to 60 days instead of 30 days;
Secretary Vidaurri seconded it. Vote was unanimous.
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Youth Activity Center Implementation-Secretary Vidaurri
motioned to accept the implementation of the Youth Activity Center starting April 18,
- Dene Huettel seconded her motion. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Coop Gardening-Kathleen Gose spoke on the concept of
coop gardening. Vice-President Sizemore motioned to continue the discussions with the
Master Gardeners about a community garden. Secretary Vidaurri seconded his motion
and vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Finance Procedures-Secretary Vidaurri motioned to
accept the Finance Procedures Policy and implement it. Director Ryder seconded the
motion. Director Brodine voted no; all the others voted yes. Motion passed.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Master Gardener Proposal-See above
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Upgrading Webpage-Secretary Vidaurri made a motion
to move forward in upgrading our webpage with Systek; Vice-President Sizemore
seconded her motion. Secretary Vidaurri added to her motion to not spend more than
$2,000 and if the upgrade is to be more, then bring the subject back to the Board.
Director Garrison seconded the motion. Vote was unanimous.
- TREASURER’S REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri stated:
- Transferring money to Community Bank in Centerville who will be charging us zero
in service fees; next week we will be transferring 50% of our money leaving the
other 50% at Wells Fargo until all transactions are complete. We will be leaving
the CDs at Wells Fargo to avoid paying penalties.
- Collection process is working; Kathy has collected $11,850 –thank you Kathy
- MAINTENANCE REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri reported:
- Twenty-three (23) work orders all completed but one.
- Director Garrison reported personnel needed for golf maintenance & maintenance.
- STABLES REPORT-Mark Coody thanked the Board and stated the Equine has formed an
LLC. There is more activity at the stables; good things are happening.
- ANIMAL CONTROL REPORT-None
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker
- Thanked all the volunteers for all the projects going on. Painting at the Villas is
finished, hotel rooms are painted, landscaping has been done, guard shack is being
painted. Again, thank you volunteers.
- He thanked all the Board members for their due diligences on new contracts, etc.
- We were able to purchase six (6) new pieces of equipment out of the trail fee account.
- Thanked the volunteers who did the flower beds.
- The Teen Youth Center is a community project.
- Website update will be so big for us.
- Collection process is working. Kathy has done an unbelievable job in collecting.
We have a great staff.
Director Garrison motioned to adjourn; Vice-President Sizemore seconded. Meeting was
adjourned at 8.27 p.m.
Approved by: Date:
Prepared by: Date: