- This event has passed.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING February 28, 2019
February 28 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
February 28, 2019
OPEN MEETING @ 6:00 P. M.-TONKAWA ROOM
EXECUTIVE SESSION @ 6:01 P.M.-TONKAWA ROOM
OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – TONKAWA ROOM
Present: Rocky Walker, Floyd Garrison, Ron Ryder, Melody Vidaurri, Dee Kirk, Dene Huettel, Steve Brodine, Mike Sizemore, John Lagravier and Connie Saxton
- CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION by President Walker
- ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in
Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,
Subsection (C) to discuss:
- Legal: Lake Rules
- Financial: Purchase of Bucket Truck
- Legal: Stables Contract
III. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION by President Walker at 7:03 p.m.
- INVOCATION – Deni Kunz
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA was motioned by Vice-President Sizemore; seconded by Treasurer
Lagravier. Vote was unanimous.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES for February 6 and 11, 2019, was motioned by Vice-President
Sizemore; Director Ryder seconded. Vote was unanimous.
VII. SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION-President Walker stated the Board met with the Equine
Group and had a wonderful session. We are going to table the bucket truck. We have drafted
a lake rules package and will have them out for everyone to look at.
VIII. MEMBERS TO BE HEARD:
Joyce Perkins: Announced Terri Price-Elvis Reborn on April 6th
Waynette Shockey: Talked about Troupe Over the Hill and its purpose
Don Madewell: Are you talking about raising dues? Answer: No.
John Faulk-Asking for permission to develop the lot on Tonkawa to a Reserve Veterans Honor
Myron Chidester: Is the POA going to continue hog bounty for 2019? Answer: Yes.
Dorothy Powell: Subject was grocery store
- OLD BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Change of Banks-Treasurer Lagravier stated Chris
Burleson favors changing banks. Wells Fargo charged $7,389 in service fees. Bank of
Bedias does same thing and charges $79 a month. Vice-President Sizemore motioned to
change banks depending on recommendation of our Treasurer and Chris Burleson;
Director Lagravier seconded the motion. Vote was unanimous.
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION ONLY – Lake Rules – New draft of lake rules will be out to the public for any
changes or comments. Dams & Lakes Committees will be combined.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Welcome Committee Changes-Director Huettel
motioned changing the name to Hospitality Committee, change meeting dates to 1st
Tuesday of the month at the Welcome Center, and scheduling three (3) Newcomers’
Coffee in the Community Center – May 4, August 10 and one in November. Director
Garrison seconded her motion. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Stables-Treasurer Lagravier motioned to cancel the
stables contract; Secretary Vidaurri seconded his motion. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Online Reservations Software-Secretary Vidaurri
motioned to adopt online reservations with Heartland; Treasurer Lagravier seconded the
motion. Secretary Vidaurri motioned to amend her motion to approve Heartland
contract per negotiations with technical assistance; Director Ryder seconded the
amendment. Director Brodine voted no; all others voted yes. Motion passed.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Purchase of Bucket Truck-Tabled
- TREASURER’S REPORT-No Treasurer’s Report
- MAINTENANCE REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri reported ten (10) work orders for February and
all have been completed. Not one was a road repair. Canine Policy is being revised.
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker thanked all the volunteers.
New golf course maintenance supervisor is Troy Petty.
Angie’s Salon is doing well; thank you for supporting her.
We lost our insurance this month on the dams.
April 20th is our Eggstravaganza.
Thanks to Hank Dembosky for his work on the new dog policy.
We have had issues with loitering; we do have an anti-loitering policy and will start
Maintenance staff is best ever.
Golf cart trail fee of $150 is effective 3/1/2019.
Dam issue is top priority.
XII. ADJOURN-Director Garrison motioned to adjourn; Vice-President Sizemore seconded.
Meeting was adjourned.
Approved by: Date:
Prepared by: Date: