Disc golf has made its way to Hilltop Lakes! We now have a 9-hole course weaving in and around the hotel, villas, lakes, swimming pool, and playground area. Most holes are par 5, two are par 4 and Hole #9 is a par 3. For experienced players, reduce the par by 1 shot on each hole!
REMEMBER, the object of disc golf is to have fun and complete the course in the fewest throws. Rules and map of the course are available at the Welcome Center.
HOW TO PLAY DISC GOLF
The object of disc golf is to have fun and complete the course in the fewest throws. Safety and courtesy are important. Be careful of plants, animals and other visitors. Throw only when the landing area is clear of people including other players.
1. Start from behind the teeing area. The player must throw from behind the front of the teeing area.
2. Subsequent shots are played from behind the spot where the previous shot came to rest. This spot is known as the “lie”. If your disc comes to rest in a tree or bush, the lie is the spot on the ground directly below.
3. A run-up and follow through are allowed, but the player must release the disc before stepping past the lie.
4. A putt is a throw from within 10 meters (3208 ft) of the target. When putting, you may not step past your lie until the disc comes to a rest.
5. The hole is completed when the disc comes to a rest in the basket or chains. The hole is not completed if the disc is resting on top of the target.
6. If a shot goes out-of-bounds: play from wither the last in-bounds location with 1-stroke penalty or retee with 1-stroke penalty.
For more Disc Golf rules visit http://pdga.com