Each candidate position on the ballot is:
#1 – Randy Schiamara
#2 – Niki Johnston
#3 – Annette Craig
#4 – Ken Kunz
#5 – Rocky Walker
#6 – Jack Wimbish
#7 – Bill Johnson
Candidate for Hilltop Lakes
Property Owner Association Board
- At Hilltop Lakes Since 1999
- Married to Shirley 45 Years
- Retired at age 49 (Without College Degree) By Working Hard and Knowing How to Handle Finances
- Hobbies: Golf, Music, Fishing, Hunting
- Member First United Methodist Church, Normangee
- Exxon Oil – Collections and Credit Card Fraud Dept. 11 yrs.
- Interface Flooring Inc. – Commercial Sales and Marketing 17 yrs. (Worked an Additional 5 years Contract)
- High School and One Year Jr. College
- Served on POA Board for Over Ten Years as Secretary, Vice President and President
- Served as Chairman of Nominating/Elections Committee
- Served as Chairman of ACC Committee
- Member of Men’s Golf Assoc. and Past President
- Spearheaded Fund Raisers For New White Fence at Our Entrance.
- Spearheaded Numerous Fund Raisers Such as Fire Dept., Pavilion, Hospice of Brazos Valley, Dog Control, Burn Victim and Accident Victim
- Worked Numerous Voluntary Work Projects
- Performed Music Free on New Years Eve to Keep Cost Down for Property Owners
GOALS IF ELECTED
- Stop the 4 Person Executive Committee (It Is Illegal)
- Bring Back Regular Road Maintenance
- Do What’s Needed to Bring Back the Wildlife Members Who Left and Increase the Membership
- Stop the Micro Managing by Board Members
- Stop Individual Board Members From Making Decisions Without Board Approval (They Don’t Have That Authority)
- Correct the Election Process and ALLOW ALL PROPERTY OWNERS TO VOTE AND RECEIVE A BALLOT WITHOUT HAVING TO ASK THE POA FOR A BALLOT
- Help The Board Improve Hilltop Lakes
- Help The Board Improve Employee Turnover
PERSONAL: Moved to Hilltop Lakes December 2018. Marrying Justin DeLeon October 26, 2019 in my hometown of Waco, Texas. Together we have a 3 year old son and 4 year old Australian Shepard. We travel asmuch aspossible.
EDUCATION:Graduated Robinson High School. Attended McLennan Community College for Business Marketing. I put my degree on hold for a couple of years. Enrolling in Spring semester to complete.
Marketing Director at Parsons Commercial Roofing in Waco. I lead a team of 4 othersin the advertising, branding, andpromoting of Parsons.I had the opportunity to plan and coordinateseveral events, parties, socials, and conferencesfor Parsons while also managingemail and postcard newsletters and social media. I developed thefirst budget for any departmentin the 70 year historyof thecompany.
Manager for HEB Grocery in Houston. I spent 16 weeks in HEB’s school of leadership before being placed into a store. Once in my store, I, along with my counterpart manager, worked to create new procedures for our department which had been neglected before our arrival. We effiencetly trained our partners and put new company policies into action. HEB equipped me with the ability, confidence, and knowledge to run a business.
COMMUNITY/BOARD INVOLVEMENT: Currently serving on the Race Committee,Marketing Committee, and By-Laws Committee, as well as amember of The Kickapoo Club. Istrongly believe the best way to be involvedin a community is activevolunteering.
PERSONAL: Conservative Christian & native Texan. Married to Johnnie Craig, a 25-year military retiree and have one amazing adult daughter, Mikayla. I love outdoor activities and spending time with family & friends. My husband and I enjoy travel, especially taking road trips across the U.S. I retired in 2017 after a long, successful career based on hard work, honesty & integrity. We owned several small businesses prior to our retirement.
EDUCATION: I have an Associate of Arts in Business from Lee College, where I was chapter president of Phi Theta Kappa, the national honor society for 2-year colleges. I was the keynote speaker at graduation and elected to Lee College Hall of Fame by the college faculty. I also hold a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Houston at Clear Lake. While there, I was chapter president of Beta Alpha Psi, the national honor society for accounting & finance majors. I passed the Texas CPA Exam in 1991.
WORK EXPERIENCE: I retired from Shell Oil Products US after 26 years. I spent 24 years in various management positions which required me to make sound business decisions with the benefit of the entire organization as the goal, often sacrificing my own department for the ‘greater good’. A few of the roles I had were:
**Supply Chain Excellence & Performance Manager, Americas – responsible for supply chain continuous improvement for planning, logistics, & production across North & South America
**Vice President, North America Logistics – managed a $250 million annual budget with more than 200 employees across the Unites States & Canada.
**Global Supply Planning Manager – responsible for process development, implementation and compliance management for Supply Chain Planning, as well as optimization of the global production & distribution network for Lubricants. Managed employees in 7 different countries.
**Accounting Manager – Lubricants Production & Packaging
During my career, I managed several projects that involved change for improvement of performance of the overall organization. I led many teams, chaired numerous committees and oversaw budgets for departments, as well as projects – all of which delivered better performance than when we started.
COMMUNITY/BOARD INVOLVEMENT: Just a few examples of my involvement in community over the years……
**Volunteered as tutor for Lee College men’s basketball team, traveling with the team for a season.
**Served on finance committee and as committee chair for two years at my church.
**Served as parent coordinator/team mom for several club volleyball teams throughout my daughter’s junior high and high school volleyball career (6 years).
**Volunteered during Hurricane Harvey clean up in Baytown – helped clean out flooded homes and organize donations for use by those impacted by the storm.
#We Are Hilltop #Together Moving Forward
Personal: Deni and I have spent 23 of our 41 years of marriage as residents of Hilltop Lakes Resort. We are conservative Christians that believe the United States is the best country in the world, Texas is the best state, and Hilltop Lakes Resort is the best community to live and raise a family.
Education: Graduated from Weimar High School and attended Wharton Junior College as well as many continuing education seminars for sales, management, and workplace safety. As an FFA member, competition in chapter conducting, public speaking, and animal projects was a great learning experience that prepared me to be the winner of the Washington DC Youth-in-Action Tour through Fayette Electric Cooperative. Now, being a judge for this competition is a way of giving back.
Work Experience: Experience in the construction industry has provided knowledge of building and repairs. 1977 was the beginning my career in Industrial Distribution, providing vast experience in purchasing, sales, management, human resources, warehousing, delivery, contract negotiations, marketing and many other aspects of running a multi-million-dollar business. Managing a seven million dollar a year supply store with two stocking locations and four remote warehouses was a challenging endeavor that resulted in one of the most profitable branches in the company for several years.
Community Involvement: I have served on the Kickapoo Club board for many years and just completed a year as President. When the Overlook Restaurant closed, I quickly scheduled food trucks and vendors to offer food alternatives for Hilltop residents and guests. The Kickapoo Club is a non-profit membership social club for property owners and guests. It has become a hub for activity at Hilltop Lakes while I served as president. My knowledge of Roberts Rules of Order has been an integral part of conducting meetings for the Kickapoo Club and the Republican Party. I serve as Republican County Chairman for Leon County, and have attended Republican State Conventions for many years. I currently serve on the Finance Committee for Hilltop Lakes and have taken part in outlining new financial policies and procedures. We are the Children’s Church Ministers at Living Truth Church in Madisonville.
Deni and I have served as volunteer EMT-B for the Hilltop Lakes VFD EMS. We also served as therapeutic foster parents and have been able to serve many children and families in their time of crisis.
Goal: It is my goal as your POA Director to assist with the continued growth of our community, creating a strong financial infrastructure, keeping with our current economic situation with the oversight and accountability that is called for. I believe a forward-looking mindset is imperative as technology and demographic trends are radically changing our global economy. Hilltop Lakes is changing, and change brings new energy. I believe that with the support of our property owners, residents, and gracious volunteers, we can use this energy positively to impact the lives of everyone at Hilltop Lakes Resort.
We are Hilltop, and working together, we can move forward to make Hilltop Lakes Resort an even greater place to live, visit, or vacation.
I humbly ask for your vote and promise to represent ALL property owners.
#We are Hilltop
#Together Moving Forward
I have served on the POA Board for the last three years, I was the Vice President the first year and the last two years I have been serving as President. In 2018, as President, I made a motion to implement the Executive Committee (EC), and the board voted and implemented the EC (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer). The EC serves as the General Manager and tackles and addresses the day to day activities.
I am a Christian, a husband, dad, grandad and great grandad. I am the husband of a wonderful woman, Mel Walker, she is a retired schoolteacher of 37 years. We have one son, two daughters, seven grandsons, one granddaughter, three great granddaughters and one great grandson.
I attended Santa Fe High School, College of the Mainland and have been in the pipe industry as well as a manager at Dow Industry. I recently retired and enjoy our time on the Hill.
My vision for the Hill has always been to improve and grow our community. As President, I have worked with our board and we have been instrumental in improvements and have accomplished the following during my tenure: lodge repair from mold and flood damage, hired new staff and supervisors, implemented several new contracts with the HTL Equine Club, Security, Lions Club, WMT, and the Kickapoo Club, hired a POA Attorney at a savings, initiated the collection process which has been very successful, helped with developing policies and procedures that were outdated, assisted with the new retention schedule, replaced roofs on several buildings, and created committees. I was very proactive in having our website updated and launching our new online reservations. I am very supportive of all the volunteers and organizations that help and assist HTL and I support the new Race Series that was implemented in 2019.
I am an avid golfer, as well as being committed to seeing that all our amenities and infrastructuresare improved, such as dam repair, road repair, piers on our lakes, building upgrades, sprinkler system for the golf course, and new equipment needed to maintain our property and infrastructures. We have already started working on the 2020 budget and are identifying priorities for 2020. I worked and supported the negotiations of a new contract with Hilltop Lakes Public Safety to ensure our Association would have our much-needed ambulance service on the Hill.
- Born in Shreveport,Louisiana, Graduated from High School in Irving, Texas, and attended Kilgore Jr.College.
- Career of 36 years, retiring in 2014, in electronic business selling TV systems to various businesses in HoustonandsurroundingCustomersincludedcompanies such as Methodist Hospital &Exxon.
- Hilltop Lakes property owner since 1984, becoming a permanent resident in 2004 with wife, Donna Wimbish. We have two grown children both married one in Houston the other in
Hilltop Lakes Volunteer Fire Department and Emergency Medical Service:
- Ambulance driver(2014)
- Treasurer – Board of Directors(2015-2017)
Member of theFollowing CivicOrganizations:
- Troupe Over TheHill
- Kickapoo Club
- Hilltop Lakes Men’s Golf Association
- Hilltop LakesChapel
- USA Flag DisplayVolunteer
- Golf Course Beautification Volunteer
Striving to makeHilltop the Best County Life Style inTexas
- Financial Responsibility
- Support to EMS/VFD/Security
- Promote Community VolunteerSpirit
- Improve & Enhance Amenities
- Promote Routine Inspections & Maintenance
Candidate for Hilltop Lakes
Property Owners Association Board
- Retired in 2017 from C-Air in College Station
- Married to Ginger Johnson for 30 years
- 2 children and 5 grandchildren
- 2001 – 2003 Infinity Systems, Inc. – Estimator and Project Manager
- 2003 – 2005 Polk Mechanical – Estimator and Project Manager
- 2005 – 2006 Kilgore Mechanical – Estimating and Project Manager
- 2006 – 2017 C-Air Mechanical – Estimating and Project Manager
- 1970 – 1971 Sam Houston State University – Business Major
- 1971 – 1975 Sheet Metal Apprentice School
- 1977 – Texas A&M Air Balance School
- 1981 – Texas A&M Teacher Certification Classes
- Fire Board Member
- Lions Club Member
- Attend Hilltop Lakes Chapel
- Men’s Golf Association Member
- Lion’s Club Flag Crew Member
- Designed and estimated cost and materials for replacing piers on the lakes with floating docks.
- Designed, purchased materials and supervised MGA members in rebuilding bridge on #10 hole.
- Lead the Tree and Clean-up crews at the golf course.
- Repaired and rebuilt the exterior walls of the stables with Al Hooper, Dee Kirk and David Hodges. (Estimated cost using contractor was $10,000 – work was completed with volunteers for $150.)
- Helped with Lodge mold and air conditioning issues with previous board member Rick Lueking.
- Designed and built cover for golf course equipment behind #14 hole.
- Built Post Office Extension with volunteers.
- Designed and built the community dog kennel for Nancy Walls.
- Cleaned and painted Fire Annex Building with John Shockey and Swen Crone for Firefighters, Troupe, and Normangee Church use.
- Designed and remodeled bathroom in Lion’s Club Lodge room make-over.
- Helped remodel bathroom in Hilltop Chapel with other church members.
- Repaired Stained Glass window in Hilltop Chapel.
- Helped with construction of the new Coffee Bar in the Chapel Fellowship Hall.
- Helped Chapel members clean and refresh flowerbeds.
- Helped MGA members with the demolition of the old Sheriff’s and EMS office.
- Built water cooler boxes for several tee boxes on the golf course.