PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
July 25, 2019
OPEN MEETING @ 5:30 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
EXECUTIVE MEETING @ 5:31 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
Present: Rocky Walker, Floyd Garrison, Steve Brodine, Melody Vidaurri, Dene Huettel, Dee Kirk, John Lagravier, Mike Sizemore and Connie Saxton.
- CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION by President Walker at 5:30 p.m.
- ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in
Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,
Subsection (C) to discuss:
- Legal: Security
- Legal: Cost of Sand
- Personnel: Part-time Office Employee
- Legal: Charging for Burn Pile
III. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION-Mike Sizemore left the meeting (not feeling well).
- INVOCATION by President Walker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA was motioned by Director Garrison; seconded by Treasurer Lagravier. Vote
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES for June 27, 2019, was motioned by Secretary Vidaurri with the deletion of
dialogues of “Members to be Heard”. No second motion was made. Director Brodine motioned to
approve the Minutes as written; Director Garrison seconded. All voted in favor with the exception
of Secretary Vidaurri.
VII. SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION-President Walker reported the Board met with Apache Security.
VIII. MEMBERS TO BE HEARD
Myron Chidester-Talked about Wildlife Club
Lance Bishop-Subject was drainage issues
David Gray-Re hiring practices
Joe Bledsoe-Questions re Executive Team
Jack Miller-Re $28,000 on light bulbs
Katie Pearson-Re ambulance service
Larry Sheets-Questions about fiberglass flag poles and exotic sand for golf course
Randy Schiamara-Re EMS and a rumor
- OLD BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Playscape-Director Brodine motioned to pass the purchase of this
playscape, get it ordered and get it assembled. Secretary Vidaurri seconded his motion. Vote was
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Fire Board Security Proposal-President Walker stated the Board will look at all
options. There are meetings this week with all involved.
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Culvert Policy-Secretary Vidaurri motioned to table the Culvert
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION- Hotel Bid for Website-Secretary Vidaurri motioned to pass the
extra $500 cost plus tax as well as standardizing the 10% discount. Director Garrison seconded the
motion. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Continental Breakfast-Tabled
- TREASURER’S REPORT-Chris Burleson reported for June:
- As of today, our Collections Department has collected $75,000 in unpaid maintenance fees.
- As of June 30, our income is $1,528,646; expenses of $1,282,719, for a net income for year-
to-date of $245,927.
- MAINTENANCE REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri reported 107 work orders submitted; 7 are pending.
- UPDATE ON WEBSITE-Secretary Vidaurri reported things are being added every day.
- UPDATE ON NOMINATING ELECTIONS-Secretary Vidaurri stated information is on the table.
August 1, 2019, the candidate applications will be available at the Welcome Center-must be
submitted by September 4, 2019, with a short bio attached. She is sending out 100 mail outs to
new property owners notifying them of the new changes.
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker reported:
- Thanked the Maintenance Department for handling issues; we are fortunate to have Chet,
- Thanked Kathy for the collections,
- Reported the tennis courts were vandalized,
- Appreciates all the questions-I know there is concern but what is best for you (Hilltop)?
Prepared by: Date: