- This event has passed.
POA Board Meeting
April 25, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
April 25, 2019
OPEN MEETING @ 5:30 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
EXECUTIVE MEETING @ 5:31 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – Tonkawa Room
PRESENT: Rocky Walker, Melody Vidaurri, Mike Sizemore, John Lagravier, Ron Ryder, Dee Kirk, Dene Huettel, Floyd Garrison and Connie Saxton
ABSENT: Steve Brodine
- CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION
- ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in
Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,
Subsection (C) to discuss:
- Legal: Lake Rules
- Legal: Lien on Property Owner
- Financial: Transfer of CDs
- Legal: Septic Contract
III. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION @ 7:05 p.m.
- INVOCATION-by President Walker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA-Motion to approve was made by Director Kirk; seconded by Treasurer
Lagravier. Vote was unanimous.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES for February 28 and March 28, 2019-Vice-President Sizemore moved
to accept the minutes; Director Kirk seconded. Vote was unanimous.
VII. SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION-President Walker stated a proposal for septic maintenance
was discussed; talked about some issues with lake rules; transfer of CDs which will be talked
about later; an Eagle Scout project Dee Kirk will talk about later on.
VIII. MEMBERS TO BE HEARD:
Jon Tomlinson: Re the Campground discussion-I am a member and support the Wildlife
Team. As a property owner, this is a business. Sometimes we make poor decisions-we need
to learn from that and make corrections. We need to expand the campground.
Joyce Perkins: Troupe Over the Hill- we are now over 100 members and ten years old. The
spring show is called “Dearly Departed” on May 19 at 3 p.m.; May 20 at 7 p.m., May 23 &
24th at 7 p.m. and May 25 at 3 p.m.
David Gray: Comment on Facebook stated the President talked 8 hours to the TEC; why and
what became of it? Any risks to those that live on the Hill based on the outcome of the
Dorothy Powell: I spoke about a grocery store here. Business partners and she will be
presenting to the Board two proposals in the next two months: 1) to do a grocery store or
2) to do a strip mall with a grocery store.
Don Madewell: Why do we not have a monthly report? I assume you will take care of
having ½ million dollars’ worth of CDS in one bank at one time? Maximum insurance is
Randy Schiamara: I moved here because the golf course is not public. Recently, the golf
course personnel have been told to allow anyone to play golf, making it a public golf course.
I don’t remember it being on any agenda to vote on it. Is this a fact or just one or two board
members making a decision?
- OLD BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Lake Rules-Vice-President Sizemore moved to table the
vote on the lake rules until we hear from the attorney based on meeting today. Secretary
Vidaurri seconded and vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Update on Hospitality Newcomer Coffee-Director Huettel announced
1st Hospitality Newcomer Coffee on May 4th at the Community Center. All are invited from
9 a.m.-11 a.m. Refreshments will be on hand. Representatives from Troupe Over the
Hill, Literacy Guild, Fire Department, Lion’s Club, line dancing, etc. will be there.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Repair of Playscape-Director Kirk motioned to table;
Director Huettel seconded and all were in favor.
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION ONLY-Transfer of CDs-Treasurer Lagravier stated currently we have $375,000
of CDs at Wells Fargo. According to Wells Fargo, we don’t have enough to qualify to stay
there at that bank. We are searching out the best and will make a decision where to
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Campground Rates-Secretary Vidaurri motioned to go
forward with rates in the attached proposal. Vice-President Sizemore seconded her
motion. All directors voted in favor with the exception of Director Huettel who voted no.
- TREASURER’S REPORT-Chris Burleson reported:
- Collections kicked off; from 2/15 – 4/215, we have collected $23,105.
- Thru the end of March, we’ve had $721,240 in income; $616,638 in expenses for a
net income of $104,602.
- In comparison to last year, we had $595,000 in income; $622,000 in expenses for a
loss of $27,000. We are doing much better this year.
- We are looking to move the CDs; never got a clear answer from Wells Fargo as to
why they could no longer take care of us.
- We are going to start banking on our operating account with Community National.
- MAINTENANCE REPORT-Secretary Vidaurri stated all thirty-two (32) work orders
submitted have been completed and addressed.
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker thanked all the volunteers involved in the
Eggstravaganza. We netted $11,896.
We are going to have a Maintenance employee working on Saturday.
Teen Center is having activities for teens.
Next race is October 5, 2019.
We are getting bids for dam repairs.
We have upgraded equipment in maintenance.
Webpage should be fully operational in one month.
We have had a lot of erosion issues; working on those.
Thanked Mike for his work on the video aerial photography.
The next monthly POA meeting will be Tuesday 5/21, not on Thursday.
Mike Sizemore spoke about the Leon Economic Development Group being hosted here in
June. He wants the Board to join and the public will be invited to attend.
This Board is up and moving forward; President Walker expressed his appreciation for the
Director Garrison motioned to adjourn; Director Ryder seconded. Meeting was adjourned by
Approved by: Date: