- This event has passed.
POA Board Meeting
January 24, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
January 24, 2019
OPEN MEETING @ 5:00 P. M.-TONKAWA ROOM
EXECUTIVE SESSION @ 5:01 P.M.-TONKAWA ROOM
OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. – TONKAWA ROOM
Present: Rocky Walker, Melody Vidaurri, Mike Sizemore, John Lagravier, Steve Brodine, Floyd Garrison, Dene Huettel and Connie Saxton
Absent: Dee Kirk and Ron Ryder
- CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION BY President Walker
- ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION (CLOSED) – The Board will reconvene in
Executive Session as authorized under Section 209.0051, Open Board Meeting,
Subsection (C) to discuss:
- Legal: Contract Negotiations
III. RECONVENE TO OPEN SESSION by President Walker @ 7 p.m.
- INVOCATION-Given by President Walker
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA-Director Huettel motioned for approval; Director Lagravier seconded;
vote was unanimous.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES for December 6, 13, 21, 2018-Secretary Vidaurri motioned for
approval of the Minutes; Director Huettel seconded. Vote was unanimous.
VII. SUMMARIZE EXECUTIVE SESSION-President Walker stated meeting was to discuss budget
questions everyone had on some items. We also met with Nancy Walls on some issues.
We have a short-term committee to work out canine rules.
VIII. MEMBERS TO BE HEARD:
David Gray: Requests the Board to provide a quarterly report, like a spreadsheet form, that
shows lots you are dealing with such as Lot, Section, Block, who those lots are given to like
an investor, when those lots are sold, how much money we are getting off those lots. I
would like those lots done at least quarterly.
Second thing, request that the Board look at starting a paving and maintenance fund. One
way to pay for that is to have a sticker for every car @ $100 and $50 ATV; that way we can
collect money and start paving roads.
Joe Bledsoe: Re the budget, how much has payroll increased since 2016?
Jack Miller: Cart fee-was not fair for two members of the board to start action. The fee was
initially started by MGA to help DD with golf course. Too many rumors are floating around.
Joyce Perkins: Here for Troupe over the Hill with check of $3155 raised at fundraiser for
playground equipment. Next event is February 15, our annual awards dinner.
John Faulk-Board has done a great job. We have not had an annual meeting of the members
Ken Kunz: Passed out information re telephones. Home phone replacement boxes are
$29.99 and use their services @ $20 per month for two (2) years plus tax. We could save
- OLD BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-2019 Budget & Finance Update-Chris Burleson stated
total revenue last year was $2,590,548; total expenses were $2,478,109. We also had
additional capital outlays of $155,458 At the end of December, we had $931,884.34 in our
bank accounts. Director Garrison motioned to approve the proposed budget for 2019;
Secretary Vidaurri seconded. Motion was passed unanimously.
- NEW BUSINESS
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION –Golf Cart Trail Fee-Director Garrison motioned to raise
our 2019 Golf Cart Trail Fee to $150 per cart and continue to keep the funds in a separate
account for the Golf Cart Trail Fee; Secretary Vidaurri seconded the motion. All voted for
with the exception of Director Brodine.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Contract with Lions Club regarding the room rent for
Bingo. Secretary Vidaurri motioned to accept Lion’s Club contract of $25 per event for 51
weeks and Lion’s Club can use the Tonkawa Room for their meetings at no cost. Director
Huettel seconded the motion and vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Amendment to Kickapoo Contract-Secretary Vidaurri
motioned to amend the contract with the Kickapoo Club; Treasurer Lagravier made a
second. We have to amend our contract so that the Kickapoo Club can amend their
bylaws. Vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Purchase of Cameras & Microphones-Secretary
Vidaurri motioned to purchase a VOCO microphone system with eight (8) wireless mics for
$499. Treasurer Lagravier seconded the motion and vote was unanimous.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Work Order Report-Secretary Vidaurri reported twenty-
four (24) work orders have been submitted and only four (4) are pending. Out of the
twenty-four (24), only two (2) were for roads. We will get to the roads. Budget has been
increased for road repairs.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Camp Host-Secretary Vidaurri made the motion to use
Philip Mobley as host of Indian Woods Campground. Director Garrison seconded the
motion. All voted in favor.
- DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION – Lot from Property Owner-Secretary Vidaurri motioned
to take back lot (Section 34, Block 3, Lot 13) with emphasis to take back and sell as fast as
we can. Vice-President Sizemore seconded. Directors Brodine and Garrison voted no;
other directors voted yes so motion passed.
- DISCUSSION ONLY – Animal Control Rules and Procedures-We met with the Animal
Control Officer (ACO) re outdated issues with animals and owners. We have to adopt a
policy that has a little teeth on offenses.
- TREASURER’S REPORT-Covered above
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT-President Walker introduced two new employees (Missy Hodge and
Kathy Aleman); really a good maintenance staff; looking at hiring a heavy equipment
Thanked Troupe Over the Hill for donation; thanked Chris Moss for his advertising.
Motel rooms – T-38 club took a room; Judy Martindale and Kari Hodges are painting doors
of motel. Thanked all the Board members.
Missy Hodge announced April 20th will be our first Eggstravaganza with vendors, a 5K run,
picnic in the park and the Easter egg hunt.
Motion to adjourn was made by Secretary Vidaurri; seconded by Vice-President Sizemore.
Meeting was adjourned @ 8:20 p.m.
Approved by: Date: