Events

Loading Events

POA Board Meeting

Description

PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.

BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING

January 25, 2018

OPEN MEETING @ 7:00 P.M. –COMMUNITY CENTER

MINUTES

 

PRESENT:  Rocky Walker, Floyd Garrison, Ron Ryder, Rene Castilla, Melody Vidaurri, Dene Huettel, Dee Kirk, and Connie Saxton

ABSENT:  Joe Bledsoe, Ray Vogt

  1. CALL TO ORDER-OPEN SESSION called to order by President Walker at 7:05 p.m. He then

               introduced Judge Ryder.

 

  1. INVOCATION-said by Judge Ryder

                PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE-led by Judge Ryder

               

                Judge Ryder thanked the Board.  It is a thankless job.  His overview of Leon County was:

               1)  works with a balanced budget    2)  keeps a reserve fund    3) debt free–pay as they go   4)

               They have been exploring airports.   5)  They are also fighting the high speed rail project- it has

               no value nor any benefit to Leon County.  He is seeking reelection  on March 6.

 

III.           APPROVAL OF AGENDA-Director Castilla motioned to approve the Agenda as presented;

               Director Vidaurri seconded.    Director Huettel asked to amend the agenda by moving

               “Members to be Heard” to the bottom.    President Walker replied members will be allowed

                to speak at each topic.    Vote was unanimous.

 

  1. MEMBERS TO BE HEARD-See above

 

  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES for December 14 and 27, 2017 -Director Garrison motioned to

               approve the Minutes as presented; Director Vidaurri seconded.  Vote was unanimous.

 

  1. OLD BUSINESS
  2. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION-Lodge Update-President Walker stated the plumber

                    could not get here until tomorrow to hook up gas equipment so that put us back to where

                    we are with Juan; we couldn’t sign the restaurant contract due to equipment not hooked

  1. Hopefully, this next week, we will call a special meeting to sign the contract with Juan.  

                    Director Vidaurri showed a punch list that they have been working on for several

                    weeks/months.  A lot has been completed.   Thanked all the volunteers.   Dishwasher has

                    been installed.   Six (6) gas appliances still need to be hooked up.  We are going to have a

                    checklist and she will go in there monthly and inspect everything.    A new (used) freezer

                    has been purchased.  We have one (1) more appliance to buy which is a 3-door refrigerator.

                    Once the appliances are hooked up then we will know what works and doesn’t work.  

                    Then we have to have our fire inspector to hook up the ansul hood.  Next we have to have

                    a fire inspection which is the sprinkler system.    We have a brand new riser system

                    installed in 2009 but never completed.   Basically, there is no fire alarm system connected

                    to it.   So that is going to cost $4,000.   Sprinkler system works but no fire alarm.   During

                    the renovations, they spray painted the sprinkler heads.   Sixty-two were spray painted by

                    our contractor.   Hopefully, we can deduct that from our last payment to the contractor.    

                    She is going to send out an invitation next week to the volunteers to do fine cleaning.     We

                    are hoping for March 1st to open the restaurant.

 

VII.         NEW BUSINESS

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Approval of 2018 General Budget-Director Castilla

                    presented the 2018 general budget on PowerPoint – see attached.   Director Garrison

                    motioned to approve as presented; Director Ryder seconded.   Vote was unanimous.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Approval of 2018 Capital Budget-Capital budget requests

                    are additional room and post office boxes for the Post Office-budgeted at $10,000.   Two

                    villas are in need of roofs; one will be replaced for $5,000.   Restaurant freezer is needed

                    for $1500.  Sprinkler alarm system comes to $15,500.   Director Garrison motioned to

                    accept the 2018 Capital Budget as presented; Director Ryder seconded his  motion.  Vote

                    was unanimous.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Approval of Committees-List of Committees is attached.

                    Director Garrison motioned to approve the Committees as proposed; Director Kirk

                    seconded the motion.   Don Burt is to be added to Common Grounds/Amenities.   Vote was

                    unanimous.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Approval of Nominating/Elections Committee-See above
  2. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Approval of Ethics Policy-Director Vidaurri made a motion

                    to approve and sign the Ethics Policy; Director Huettel seconded it.  Directors Ryder,

                    Castilla, Vidaurri, Kirk, and Huettel voted yes; Director Garrison opposed.   Policy passed.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Room Usage Fees for Groups-It has been discovered the

                    rooms given to the homeowners but actually a third party is using it without paying a fee.   

                    Money is getting tighter.     Room usage fees will be discussed at the next Town Hall

                    Meeting.

  1. DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION-Approval of Restaurant Contract-This will not be done

                     tonight.

               

VIII.       COMMUNICATIONS

  1.            REPORTS – No reports.
  2. TREASURER’S REPORT
  3.   ACC
  4.   LAKES REPORT                           
  5. EMS/FIRE
  6. AIRPORT
  7. 6. GOLF COURSE
  8. PATROL
  9. STABLES
  10. WILDLIFE CLUB
  11. SCHOOL LOTS
  12. POST OFFICE
  13. ANIMAL CONTROL                                                                                                                   
  14.            PRESIDENT’S REPORT

                                Director Walker thanked all the volunteers.    He can’t say enough how much he

                             appreciates it.

                                April 7th will be the next quarterly town hall meeting.

                                We did sign a contract for a new roof on Villas 27/28.

                                Please show respect to the staff and the Board members.    Being a property owner

                             does not give you the right to chew on an employee just because they have to change

                             your room, etc.

                                On February 17th, there is a Board Leadership Development Workshop.  

 

                                Please take down your Christmas decorations.

 

                  Bill Bilsing introduced himself as the new Fire Chief.    Joyce Perkins explained the use of the

                 refrigerator calendar the Fire Department has for a fund raiser.                            

               

  1. ADJOURN-Director Garrison motioned to adjourn; Director Vidaurri seconded. Meeting was

                 adjourned at 9:15 p.m.

 

 

______________________________________________________                           _________________

Prepared by:                                                                                                                                      Date:

 

 

_____________________________________________________                             _________________

Details

Date:
January 25, 2018
Time:
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

Venue

Community Center