- This event has passed.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING June 28, 2018
June 28, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION OF HILLTOP LAKES, INC.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS’ MEETING
June 28, 2018
OPEN SESSION – 7:00PM – COMMUNITY CENTER
Present: Rocky Walker, Melody Vidaurri, Rene Castilla, Floyd Garrison, Ron Ryder, Dene Huettel
Absent: Dee Kirk, Joe Bledsoe, Ray Vogt
- CALL TO ORDER: OPEN SESSION – Meeting was called to order by President Rocky Walker at 7:00PM
- INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- APPROVAL OF AGENDA: President Rocky Walker requested to remove Article IX (Bylaws Revision) from the Agenda. We don’t have a full complement of the Board; three members are absent, so we will remove for later discussion. We have consent of the Board. Director Castilla motioned to approve the agenda; Director Garrison seconded. Approval of the agenda passed unanimously.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES for May 24 and June 11, 2018: Director Rene’ Castilla motioned to approve the minutes; Director Floyd Garrison entered a motion to second. The vote was unanimous.
- SUMMARY OF EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Security: President Rocky Walker stated the board met with a couple of security companies today on some security issues; just a preview of where we might go with our security.
- MEMBERS TO BE HEARD:
DON MADEWELL – Questioned the board regarding Fixed Assets and Appreciation on the Balance Sheets of the financial summary and how they apply to GAAP. He spoke prior to the meeting with President Rocky Walker regarding Open Records.
- OLD BUSINESS:
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION – Bylaws Revision – Deleted from Agenda per President Rocky Walker
- NEW BUSINESS:
- DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION – Leon County Sheriff’s Office Security Contract – We met with Lt. Kraft this week. We can’t get a schedule of when their officers are working so we’re talking with other security companies.
Vice-President Melody Vidaurri motioned to terminate the Leon County Sheriff’s Office contract within 90 days; Director Rene’ Castilla seconded; there was no discussion and the motion passed unanimously.
- TREASURER’S REPORT: Director Castilla reviewed the Treasurer’s report for May 1-31, 2018:
Current Actual Income $238,455; Current Budget $221,889, Current (+) Variance $16,566
Current Actual Expenses $188,864; Current Budget 224,658; Current Variance $35,793.
The new format is easier to follow; tables are easier to understand; projected/footnote will be at bottom of the year. Depreciation is corrected and will be shown monthly. We are working on ways to cut costs and make positive changes in the Business Office. Tiffani McKinney is Interim Finance Director. She and Janice Hall who is an Accountant have been working very hard to follow GAAP, which is where we want to be.
- PRESIDENT’S REPORT: President Rocky Walker reported on the following items:
- July 7th Celebration – Volunteers have done an unbelievable amount of work. Everything is beautiful; hope to sell lots! Parade, car show, Charlotte Waddill can use more floats, golf carts, horses – if you enter, you can win a prize. We have approximately 29 vendors – 5 Food vendors; Fire House Angels-Barbeque plates in Overlook Restaurant; volleyball; bingo! Lisa Harvey will be on KBTX July 6th at 6:10AM. The Marketing Committee is selling their new HTL Resort T-shirts; we’ll have fireworks; a waterslide; rock painting, chicken legs; brisket; 5 military vehicles; parade will end at 10:00-10:15.
- Personnel – We’re short-staffed in housekeeping, maintenance and the golf course. Our new Maintenance Supervisor is Charles Cooper and at the Welcome Center our new Finance Director is Tiffani McKinney. We are making changes and saving money.
- Restaurant – Proposals are due July 6th. If you know of anyone wanting to open the restaurant, see Vice-President Melody Vidaurri.
- Burn Pile – New hours are Tuesday – Saturday 8:00AM-4:00PM (Our former employee passed; our sympathy to his family).
- KBTX – Don’t miss Lisa Harvey July 6th at 6:10AM
- Worker’s Compensation – We received $4,619 due to an injury-free record
- Lots – 94 properties with transfers (sold or moving) since January 1st; Hilltop is starting to move!
- Thank you Volunteers for all you do!
- ADJOURN: Meeting adjourned at 7:28PM
Respectfully submitted by Dene Huettel, Board Secretary Date